Holding up cue cards or using a phone or tablet might seem like an easy way to deliver a speech or scripted dialogue on camera, but there’s a better way — a teleprompter. If you’re on the fence about whether to use one for video production, consider these benefits of using a teleprompter.
- They make you appear more comfortable reading lines on-screen and make the production process easier on the talent.
- Since teleprompters are typically located directly in front of the camera lens, reading from a teleprompter allows you to maintain direct eye contact with the audience
- They improve the timing of your delivery and can also make you sound more natural.
- You don’t have to spend time memorizing a script. With a teleprompter, your lines are right in front of you.
- Teleprompters decrease the number of times you say “um” or “ah.” When your lines are on the prompter, there’s no question about what you’re going to say next.
- They’re efficient. You can get more done in a day because the number of re-takes is reduced.
Whether you’re shooting a television commercial or a training video, teleprompters can enhance the quality and overall delivery of your content. For more helpful production hints, check out more blogs from Gefen Productions.
At Gefen Productions, your story matters, and we’d love to help you tell it. View our photography and videography portfolio, or drop us a line for more information on how we can help you reach your video production goals.